UGears STEM Lab
UGEARS 3D puzzle kits are not just entertaining, they’re educational. Taking the latest in STEM and implementing it into our models, we help kids and adults of all ages learn how science, technology, engineering, and math work together in certain mechanisms. Our approach includes a hands-on, skills-based technique that doesn’t require additional tools or adhesives. What you get in the kit is all you need to create your project. Recommended Age: 8+
STEM LAB Kits
Each STEM LAB model kit is made of the finest quality wood and comes with easy-to-follow instructions. You won’t need to glue or cut, but the mechanisms will work and rotate as true machines when you’re finished. Kits include:
- Arithmetic Kit - UGEARS STEM LAB Arithmetic Model Kit consists of two ready-to-assemble models:
- Mechanical Addiator - a compact arithmetic machine that works by moving gear racks. You can add and subtract numbers by moving the sliding racks, marked with arrows and numbers from 0 to 9.
- Mechanical Multiplier - a flat hinge mechanism that accomplishes binary operations on numbers. By moving the dual slider, you can multiply and square numbers from 1 to 12.
- Tachometer - a device designed to measure the rotational speed of various parts in engines and other mechanisms. It calculates revolutions per minute (RPM). The tachometer is used in mechanisms where it is necessary to accurately track RPM to avoid the negative consequences of overloads.
- Variator - The Variator is a device that transfers and adjusts the engine torque by changing the gear ratio. This model serves as an interactive, educational tool to exhibit the inner workings of a CVT, otherwise known as continuous variable transmission.
- Mechanical Random Number Generator - Random Generator is a device that generates random numbers - answers, based on probability theory.
- Curvimeter – A curvimeter is something that can measure the length of a curved line. Our Curvimeter model takes about two hours to complete, teaching you about measuring charts, schemes, maps, and more.
- Differential – Another mechanism used in cars, our Differential model consists of drive gear, wheel, side gear, locking clutch, and locking lever. As a fully functional mechanism, you can learn how it works in an actual car.
- Gearbox – The STEM LAB Gearbox is a beautiful mechanism with a variety of mechanical gears that work together. A real gearbox is typically used in the automobile industry, and this model gives you an idea of how.
- Counter – With 157 parts, the UGEARS Counter will take about two hours to assemble, but provide hours of discovery and fun. Used at checkpoints, production lines, and sports scoring, these contraptions are quite useful in the real world.
- Pendulum – A pendulum seems simple enough, but is actually made up of many parts that work together to make it swing. Our model includes a needle indicator, pendulum bob, escapement wheel, pendulum, and anchor.
Whether you’re a teacher, a student, or just someone looking to have a little fun, the STEM LAB by UGEARS covers all the bases. By creating these with someone you love, you’ll cultivate relationships while getting that satisfactory feeling of building something with your own two hands.