UGEARS 3D puzzle kits are not just entertaining, they’re educational. Taking the latest in STEM and implementing it into our models, we help kids and adults of all ages learn how science, technology, engineering and math work together in certain mechanisms. Our approach includes a hands-on, skills-based technique that doesn’t require additional tools or adhesives. What you get in the kit is all you need to create your project.
STEM LAB Kits
Each STEM LAB model kit is made of the finest quality wood and comes with easy-to-follow instructions. You won’t need to glue or cut, but the mechanisms will work and rotate as true machines when you’re finished. Kits include:
- Gearbox – The STEM LAB Gearbox is a beautiful mechanism with a variety of mechanical gears that work together. A real gearbox is typically used in the automobile industry, and this model gives you an idea of how.
- Differential – Another mechanism used in cars, our Differential model consists of a drive gear, wheel, side gear, locking clutch and locking lever. As a fully functional mechanism, you can learn how it works in an actual car.
- Pendulum – A pendulum seems simple enough, but is actually made up of many parts that work together to make it swing. Our model includes a needle indicator, pendulum bob, escapement wheel, pendulum and anchor.
- Counter – With 157 parts, the UGEARS Counter will take about two hours to assemble, but provide hours of discovery and fun. Used at check points, in production lines and in sports scoring, these contraptions are quite useful in the real world.
- Curvimeter – A curvimeter is something that can measure the length of a curved line. Our Curvimeter model takes about two hours to complete, teaching you about measuring charts, schemes, maps and more.
Whether you’re a teacher, a student or just someone looking to have a little fun, the STEM LAB by UGEARS covers all the bases. By creating these with someone you love, you’ll cultivate relationships while getting that satisfactory feeling of building something with your own two hands.